December 28, 2015
OK, so I finally sewed the buttons on and blocked it many months after finishing the knitting! Super happy and it fits perfectly, but don’t think I’ll use this straw-filled yarn again!
06/11/15: In the home stretch but getting frustrated. Couldn’t figure out if the band is supposed to be ribbed, so proceeding as if it is. Also trying to figure out how many stitches to pick up is not working out smoothly. Ended up needing to pick up about 3 of every 4 stitches for the button bands, and a bit more than 1 out of 2 stitches for the neck band.
9/1/14: Lost momentum on this as I found out I was pregnant just a few weeks into knitting this and it is very much NOT a maternity sweater, as you can see from my try-on photos.
But I took it on a summer vacation to Maine with me and I was on a lake with no internet, so now I just need to do the sleeves and button bands.
It almost fits in back and while it looks really ridiculously too small in front, I am 20 weeks pregnant, and it IS stretchy lace and the gauge swatches did grow a LOT so I feel fairly confident the final result will fit me after I’ve had the baby… and maybe I can wear it now open in the front or barely buttoned.
5/11/14: Cast on for a gauge swatch—looks like the number 6 needles are going to be too big to get gauge. I might need to drop to 5s or 4s--I am such a loose knitter!