the third project in a row I’ve been inspired to start thanks to writing the shop newsletter/blog! the bottom photo is the newsletter that went out on August 7 and those next two photos were part of my “research” … basically, I caved and had to cast on when we found the color combo! In pantone fall 2014 lingo, this is sangria/cognac/cypress!
8-31-14 - done and drying! spent 4 hours weaving in and burying all the ends. I remember why I don’t like to knit colorwork - hate the finishing! finished dimensions approx 20” x 80” (will measure exactly once it’s dry - note that it’s now closer to 18” wide, but still 80” long). worked 7 sets of stripes (starting with purple triangles and ending with brown triangles - and 7 full stripes of green).
8-21-14 - hopefully halfway. I’ve used about half the yarn and it’s 36” long…if I get a 72-75” scarf (hello aggressive blocking!) I’ll be really happy.
8-4-14 - started with 3 triangles instead of 4; it’s about 18” wide. hoping I can get enough length with just the six skeins. we’ll see.
worked the top triangles with 20 st each (after the first row), so ended up with 2 stitches, not 3 at the end. did SSK on the right edge and K2tog on the left edge. the two middle triangles started with 39 stitches, so they did end up with 3 stitches and a double decrease. note that the stitch between the two M1s on the “points” of the chevrons were the stitches that got worked twice on those top triangles.