7-15-16 - added a few FO photos. I have been wearing this cardigan non-stop (in spite of the heat outside, it’s perfect for air conditioning inside). LOVE the linen, too; even after sitting in my bag for hours, it looks great when I pull it out.
6-28-16 - finished! 2nd sleeve went fast and then all I had to do was weave in a few ends and block. I soaked for a couple of hours, dried on low for about 50 minutes and then laid flat to finish drying.
6-28-16 - finished the 1st sleeve yesterday and started the 2nd…up to round 67 after a few hours. note that I decreased 6 stitches on the last stockinette round (before switching to garter on size 3 needles) - brought in the cuff just enough.
6-23-16 - and I finally started the sleeves! wound my 4th skien of yarn and hopefully I can knit the sleeves without having to join any new yarn. I decreased the extra stitch I picked up at each edge of the underarm on the 1st round. Working the rest of the decreases as written on rows 12, 24, … I’m almost halfway through the first sleeve.
6-17-16 - the body is finished! I added four more rows to the yoke before separating the sleeves, so I worked an additional repeat on the body before the short rows. Otherwise followed the pattern as written (including going down a needle size for the garter stitch edging - but not before I tried it the other way…so yeah, I ripped it back!) I have about 1/3 of the 3rd skein left.
6-5-16 - finished the yoke and blocked it (full soak and then the dryer until it was almost dry). Now I need help to try it on for fit before proceeding…
6-2-16 - I swatched with a 4 and after I soaked and dried, it was big. so I tried a 3…seems just right. but after knitting about 12 rows, it seems tight on the 3 - measured the stitches and sure enough, I’m about 1.5 stitches/4” tighter. UGH. so I ripped it out and started over on the 4. (fingers tightly crossed!) P.S. the do-over was perfect for catching up on Game of Thrones!