1-23-17 - worked i-cord bindoff (in the light brown) - with the gauge needle - on each pocket … now to weave in ends and block.
1-22-17 - finished the pocket linings (100 rows each); decided to work them in the same light gray as that band of the sweater (in hindsight, if I’d worked them in the charcoal that the pattern called for, I would’ve made better use of my yarn!)
1-21-17 - after a few false starts, I ended up with an applied i-cord edging for the fronts - went down a needle size and picked up 2 stitches for every three rows.
1-19-17 - finished the 2nd sleeve and started the front edges.
1-18-17 - I’ve been making slow but steady progress on the sleeves and think I can finish the 2nd one today. added an i-cord bindoff to the cuff as well.
12-20-16 - pulling this back out - finally!
2-15-16 - finished the body with an i-cord bindoff. and decided to wait until the summer to do anything more.
2-11-16 - slowly making my way through the body. I’ve completed 40+ rows of the 4th band.
1-7-16 - finally finished the first band (for the 2nd time) and started the 2nd.
1-2-16 - tried it on - it’s way too small! ripped back to the end of the increases so I can add more stitches and rows.
12-27-15 - added four rows before separating sleeves - no extra stitches, just rows.
blocked gauge on 3’s = 24st/34.5rows.
cast-on for smallest size and worked increases to 377 st (79,62,95,62,79) over 54 rows…then added four more even rows before the sleeve separation.
when I picked up the sweater again in 2017, I went up to size 4 needles - gauge on sleeves and body seems pretty consistent. so I ended up with size 4 as the gauge needle and size 3 as one size down.