5-6-16 - finally sat down yesterday - with my Ott lamp - and did the seams. took me nearly all day… and then this morning I wove in the ends. whew! it’s going to be a long time before I knit another sweater in black.
4-29-16 - 2nd sleeve done and blocking.
4-28-16 - finished the first front on 4-3 and started the 2nd…which I finally finished after a long break on 4-25. Cast on the 2nd sleeve today.
4-1-16 - finished the back and blocked…looks good! on to the fronts!
3-25-16 - sleeve #3 is perfect (whew!). starting the back.
3-24-16 - turns out the 7 was too small, so I switched to 8’s and knit another sleeve. I thought my row gauge was a bit big, so I subtracted a few rows. the good news is that I’m getting gauge perfectly - the bad news is that sleeve #2 is now too short. hoping sleeve #3 is the charm…it’s still drying but it looks good!
3-21-16 - gauge looks spot on - whew! decided to start with one sleeve for a bigger swatch before I tackle the other pieces.
3-5-16 - my treat from the shop’s Shibui event. and the first black sweater I’ve attempted. excited and nervous at the same time!
for the sleeve caps - working decreases 2 stitches in from the edge instead of bind-offs at the ends of the RS rows. ssk on the first edge and k2tog on the other end.