10-14-16 - finished! followed the zipper tutorial Tanis’ mom wrote for her blog and it worked beautifully. I’m glad my first zipper was black; you can’t see how uneven and crooked my hand sewing is! It did take me a while… maybe 2-1/2 hours for the first side and 1-1/2 hours for the 2nd. But it looks good and seems sturdy. (now I just hope it fits for a while :-)
10-10-16 - finally wove in the ends, blocked and dried. all that’s left is the zipper!
9-27-16 - still haven’t done any more work on this, but had Charlie try it on - it fits! (and he loves the pockets)
9-8-16 - finished the knitting (and used way more yarn than the pattern called for - I have one little ball leftover - need to weigh it). now blocking…and the zipper.
8-28-16 - love the pocket construction (and how fast a toddler sweater knits up!)
there are lots of not-so-great comments out there about the pattern - appears the issues have been addressed with the latest version - it’s going great! standing by my 5-stars - the only change I made to the pattern was to slip the first stitch on the short rows for the hood.
also - I used a lot more yarn than called for, but my blocked gauge ended up bigger, so maybe that’s why.