String of flowers tunic/cover-up
December 2012
January 2013

String of flowers tunic/cover-up

Project info
Hibiscus Tunic by Mimi Alelis
Hooks & yarn
2.5 mm

Project notes:
I got the inspiration for the stitch pattern (several years ago) - mesh and flower worked continuously - from the internet. Then I came up with my own flower design and started to work on a shawl and later it became a tunic design :)
Here is the prototype. The final outcome was based on proportion and what would be more flattering for the figure, at the same time making the directions easier to write and easier to follow. Although the beginning of the flower design seems complicated, its quite easy once you have established the flower rows.

Pattern notes:
There is an errata for row 8, and I tried to type it here, but the asterisks and parenthesis did not come out the same. So here’s an image of row 8 as written in my original version of the pattern. Errata also available on CrochetMe.

Note: Length can easily be adjusted by adding or subtracting rows. The details of the pattern indicates length at 28 (28, 30)“- since that was the measurement of my project, in which I omitted two flower set of rows (due to lack of time). But in following the written instructions, the length would be approximately 30 (30, 32)”.

viewed 613 times | helped 23 people
December 2012
January 2013
About this pattern
57 projects, in 179 queues
mimicat's overall rating
mimicat's clarity rating
mimicat's difficulty rating
  • Project created: May 30, 2013
  • Finished: May 30, 2013
  • Updated: April 8, 2015
  • Progress updates: 2 updates