Another St. Germain! This time for my niece, Hope. Used Knit Picks Brava Sport, which is a very sturdy acrylic yarn that has four plies. It must be thinner than the St. Denis Nordique that I used in my first St. Germain, because I had to drop down to size 2 needles to make this hat work.
I chose to do the size 19” for Hope and I do hope it fits! My sister, whose head circumference is close to Hope’s, tried on the hat before I mailed it out and it fitted nicely. (She’s the model in the photos, by the way.) So it is looking good so far!
Didn’t run into much trouble with this hat save for the time it consumed because of using small needles. I did, however, run into the same crown decrease problem as my first hat. I just never can follow the decrease instructions because I run out of stitches between each “purl rib.” I am planning on messaging the designer to get to the bottom of this mystery of mine. Will update this project when I find out.