First swatch: single strand in daisy pattern. On 3.00mm was huge. Next one on 2.50mm. Potentially a tiny bit small, but going with it. Swatched Day Lillies pattern, yarn doubled on US4s. Looks about right.
Printed out revised charts. It would be nice if the code mentioned how to do the decreases on the WS. Instead I had to remember which way a p2tog and a ssp lean.
11/6: Am 5 repeats through the edging. I really like working on this, but have gotten sidetracked.
12/20: Thanks to some plane time, have made it almost through the skirt. One more repeat. I am still on my third ball of yarn (of 6.)
12/30: I finished the skirt and waistband and started on the first sleeve. The sleeve was looking a little big, so I decided to check in with myself. And now the waistband looks huge! I want it to nip in at my waist and it doesn’t at all. It definitely does not match the schematic. So despite the fact that I had to rip out the waistband halfway twice, I think I have to rip it out again and make only 9 or 10 leaves instead of 11. Ugh! I’ll work on the sleeves for awhile before I work up the energy for all of that.
1/9: The sleeve was looking big, so I was kind of knitting tightly to counteract. And now it is a little small. I like that it is tight, but it is maybe just past the elbow, but I’m okay with that. First one is done, now to make the next one to match. Instead of ripping out the waistband, I might just leave it and sew in some elastic to make it cinch in a bit. Haven’t decided, but not reknitting sounds pretty appealing.
1/29: Ripped out the waistband, again, and started over. I am only doing 9 leaves, so every fourth time that I attach to the skirt, I am doing a sssk (using 2 live stitches instead of just one). 4 rows, and 5 live stitches.
2/8: OMG, Done! It laid it out to block this morning. I didn’t pin it done, just smoothed it out. I still need to put buttons on it. Had a full skein left over. Have to figure out how many I bought to see what I used.