2/27: The yoke instructions were written out in a very confusing manner, but the pattern is pretty genius. I just finished the yoke and am picking up stitches for the body. This yarn is bleeding all over my hands.
3/12: I used almost exactly 7 balls of yarn on the body and edging. I did shorten it by almost three inches, and am starting to regret it. I thought it would stretch out, but I don’t want the armholes to stretch too… We’ll see how it comes out after blocking. I don’t want to have to undo all the edgings to lengthen the body! I am hoping it has the same proportions on me as it does for the tall model.
3/16: Finished! I used about a foot of my 10th skein. But my body was about 3 inches shorter than in the pattern. I did block out to about an inch shorter. Each sleeve took almost exactly a skein of yarn. I might have shortened the sleeves a smidge too, but they are about the length of the sleeves on the model.
3/18: I thought I was done, but they keep pulling me back in. After blocking it looked fine, but I decided that I wanted more length, especially in the front. So now I have to rip out the edging and do more body length. Debating short rows, but I don’t want to think, so will just add overall length. Boohoo.
4/14: Finally back to this. I ripped out all the edging. Had about 85 grams for the edging before. I am adding short rows to the front. Started two repeats in, and am wrapping and turning every four stitches until I get to the armhole. Then I will do the same on the other side. Then maybe a little bit of overall length. The shorter length seems good before you get the edging on. When you add two or more inches in toward the middle of your body the fronts seem shorter somehow.
4/22: Blocked out. Maybe it is just not flattering to have so much bulk in the front. Need to take good pictures.
The bottom pictures are from before I lengthened the bottom. Top pictures were taken at the Rose Garden in Portland.