Hit stockinette gauge on first try. Don’t know if I’ll bring this home for the holidays to work on…
1/23: Have completed the bottom of the body and starting on the sleeves. I started increasing for the arms at row 52 instead of 64 because they were getting snug (also having read everyone else’s notes about them being narrow). I should have maybe started increasing even earlier. I have somewhat long arms, so I’m just going to knit them to the length in the pattern and be okay with cuffs that drape over my hands. Maybe I should go back and see what others did.
1/29: Did not do the last two sets of increases on the arms.
2/14: Used up my second skein after row 139 on the yoke. I’m going to extend the hood. I am going to do two less decrease rows on the yoke to make up for my narrower sleeves.
2/25: I used more than half of the third skein on the hood. I used Felinity’s mods for the hood. It was very helpful that someone else had already done all the work for me! I am going to graft the hood by knitting an extra row on each side with waste yarn, and then following the path of the waste yarn to graft. Now the zipper and ribbon to put in!
3/13: Used a 22” separating sport zipper. I backstitched it into place by hand. I then sewed on aqua grosgrain ribbon into place over the zipper. These steps took me a long time. My first zipper in handknits!