Another “knit against” at GPY! Several of us are going to knit this shawl in a friendly competition. I didn’t want to do this in the tan/gold color of the club yarn since I don’t look good in that color. Instead, I chose a deep red-purple color (not well captured in any of the pictures). Overall, an easy knit.
- The definition for cdd is missing. I did: slip 2 as if to knit, k1, pass slipped stitches over.
- This yarn is sticky. I couldn’t frog the setup section due to stickiness. Tinking seems to work fine.
- Marker placement is only in the written directions and isn’t noted in the charts.
- I placed additional markers around the pattern repeats in Chart B. These markers need to move in row 15 of the chart. The CDD at the border of the repeat takes stitches from both sides of the marker.
- Pattern repeat markers also need to be moved on round 5 of chart E for the same reason.
- The occasional decrease on the purl row is real easy to forget!
- Pre-block size is 19” along the spine and 48” across the back.
- Post-block size is: 24” along the spine and 58” across the back.
- Remaining yarn: 81 grams.
2012-08-26-12:00:00: Start shawl. It took me 3 times to get the setup section correct. I wasn’t doing the bind off correctly. Once I figured out my mistake I zipped through this section.
Completed Chart A. Dropped a lifeline. Completed first repeat of Chart B. Dropped a lifeline.
2012-08-27: Completed third repeat of Chart B; dropped a lifeline.
2102-08-28: Completed fourth repeat of Chart B.
2012-08-29: completed fifth repeat of chart B.
2012-08-29-10:08: Completed Chart B.
2012-08-30-18:55: Completed Chart C.
2012-08-31: Completed first repeat of chart D.
2012-09-01-17:35: Completed Chart D.
2012-09-01-23:30: Completed Chart E.
2012-09-02-14:19: Completed Charts F & G. Completed bind off. Knitting complete. Need to weave in ends an block.
2012-09-02-17:30: Blocked and ends woven in.