Won a Blue (first place) ribbon at the Kandi Fair!
Large size in Madelinetosh sock in Scarlet - with beads at the end like the other one I made
6/1: Finished w/ the stockinette portion. Now on to lace! 6/4: Started the second ball. The first made it through 2 repeats of charts A and B and a bit of A again. I started adding reddish oil-slicked beads on the 3rd repeat of chart A where there is a yo, k1, yo in the chart. I wish I would have placed beads here from the beginning! I think it’ll be OK having them only at the end though. Will continue placing beads through the end of the shawl wherever there is a yo, k1, yo. 6/6: Decided to add an additional repeat of charts A and B. Hope I have enough yarn to make it! (I have 130 yds extra than the pattern). Plan to change to a US8 needle for chart D and E and maybe larger for BO. 6/15: finished bind off and blocked. SOOOO glad to have the attic space w/ a door that closes. Don’t have to worry about cat hair or lounging! Did switch to US8 needle on row 5 of chart C. Think it helped a lot with blocking. Ran out of red beads halfway through row 5 of chart E. Found a few locally that blended ok, then switched to silver lined clear beads for the remainder. Did a beaded bind off every 5th stitch (between other beads)
I had spots in my yarn where ends were joined together not very well. I guess it’s better than knots, but a nice smooth join would be best of all!