I didn’t quite like my choice of yarn. The strands tends to separate, much like the DMC cross-stitch threads. This is especially true when using a larger hook. I switched to G hook on the bodice, and the results are more satisfying.
Instead of crocheting a separate bodice piece (and later have to sew to attach), I started crocheting upwards from the top edge of the bottom piece.
Note to self: Have not been a big fan of stitches that are more than a tr especially used on a big net lace style, and this hasn’t changed in this project. Love the idea of Mary Jane Hall’s side-to-side crochet, and will incorporate it by crocheting my own fan or scallop shells instead of the net-style.