Since it has become clear that my big Ravelympics project will not be done by the closing ceremonies, I’m starting a new project that I hope to finish in one week.
It took me about four (weekdays) to use up the first half of the yarn, and then I knit like a fiend to finish before the closing ceremonies. Sadly, once I had used up all the yarn, there were still 20 rows left to go. Aargh! This is why I hate deadline knitting - I stay up until 3:00 am to try to finish a project, and end up ripping all my work out.
I did weigh the yarn before starting so that I could start the decreases at the midway point, but my handspun is not yet even enough to have weight truly equal yardage. I did consider going back to the wheel with more fiber in a similar colorway, but in the end really wanted the scarf to be from the same handspun.
So, with one day left to go, I ripped back one repeat past the center point and re-knit the second half.
Gifted to my mother.
My mother didn’t wear it, and gave it back to me. I find BFL to be too scratchy for the neck, but love love love this colorway, so I ripped it and washed the yarn to use in my log cabin blanket project.