quichelorraine's projects
Ajuda

quichelorraine > notebook > projects > Ajuda

Finished
January 30 2014
February 9 2014
Project info
Ajuda
Aidez by Cirilia Rose
Knitting
Me
33" at bust
Needles & yarn
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Marks & Kattens Natura
51 yards in stash
10.5 skeins = 1071.0 yards (979.3 meters), 525 grams
30203
Natural/Undyed
The Wool Shop, Parksville, BC
Notes

Have wanted to make this for a very long time! Got this yarn deeply discounted at a little store on Vancouver Island.

Counted this as a WIP for the Ravellenic games… that’s cheating a little since I started this piece just before the games so it was never sitting around as a WIP but since I’ve been imagining and planning this (and bought the yarn) so long ago, it feels like it’s been a long time coming and I finally kicked my butt into gear to make it!


2/10: Had the strange goal of finishing this in a week… ended up being 1.5 weeks--not bad! I had to perform some tricks stop the center edges from sagging down (pulled the fronts up when seaming the sleeves, shortened the neck band, and threaded yarn through front band to stabilize).

The yarn is a little itchier than it felt in the skein but hopefully it’ll soften up. I washed it with Euclan and hair conditioner. Now it smells good!

1/27: In swatching mode… Using a very different yarn weight and different cables so I’ll be doing a lot of mods.

Cables used (from Stitchionary Vol. 2):
Aztec (p. 202) for back panel, and used accent cables from this pattern for the front bands.

Ring of Fire (p. 39) for side cables.

Made up a pattern for the sleeves based on larger version of accent cables from Aztec.

Changes for gauge:
Since there aren’t too many shaping instructions in this pattern it was easy to just measure my new gauge and then fit the pattern dimensions. I wanted it to be slim and worn open so I made it with a lot of negative ease, 36” at hips and 33” at bust. I did have to change the sleeve caps because the instructions made them too narrow (of course I was following with mods for gauge so maybe it’s fine with the suggested yarn).

viewed 276 times | helped 2 people
Finished
January 30 2014
February 9 2014
 
About this pattern
from Berroco
quichelorraine's star rating
quichelorraine's difficulty rating
4486 projects, in 10171 queues
About this yarn
by Marks & Kattens
Worsted
37% Acrylic, 30% Wool, 30% Alpaca, 3% Rayon
104 yards / 50 grams
quichelorraine's star rating

140 projects

stashed 141 times

  • Originally queued: November 26, 2012
  • Project created: January 27, 2014
  • Finished: February 10, 2014
  • Updated: January 6, 2016