revknits > notebook > projects > Marie's cardigan

Project info
Marie's cardigan
Twigs and Willows by Alana Dakos
Knitting
Marie
38 1/2 plus a bit more
Needles & yarn
US 3 - 3.25 mm
US 2 - 2.75 mm
US 0 - 2.0 mm
Brooklyn Tweed Shelter
7.5 skeins = 1050.0 yards (960.1 meters), 375 grams
Notes

Getting gauge is harder than I thought. Using size 3 needles I can Be on target. Wondering if my continental knitting style (picking) might be why.

1/09/2016 - I decided to do the decreases as Princess seam versions, rather than along the side seams, a la Am Herzog’s customfit. I’m knitting the back first, so I’m putting the lines 1/3 and 2/3 along the back. For the size that I am knitting, I’m doing 4 of the decreases there, and 1 along the side seam so that I end up with the 2x2 ribbing uninterrupted.

1/17/2016 - Only a couple of more inches to go before shoulder treatment. Really liking how the princess “seams” worked out on the back.

1/26/2016 - first sleeve reknit, and I’m so glad I redid it - it will fit my cousin’s arms and now works as a layering piece! Halfway through the 2nd one, this will feel fast!

1/20/2016 - finished the Back, 113 grams when I weighed it. Blocking the piece now.
1/21/2016 - Gauge came out perfectly post-blocking, tbtg.

2/15/2016 - Completed knitting the sleeves simutaneously, and blocked them. Now planning to do 3-needle bind-off at shoulders, and sewing up the side seams so I can pick up stitches around the shoulders and knit down.

2/20/2015 - did both sleeve caps and ended with 72 stitches at the end of the short rows. One cap left on needles, and reversing the sleeve directions to knit top down. First sleeve about 3/4 length - a little worried it will be too tight for the intended recipient, but we shall see.

2/21/2016 - sleeve feels tight even though it’s supposed to be too sizes larger, so I’m soaking and blocking it to see how it comes out. I’d rather frog and re-knit it now.

3/1/2016 - Knit the 2nd sleeve twice too (knit too loosely the first time). In picking up stitches for button band, I added more stitches (116 total), then on cast-off, I knit the knit stitches, and did p2tog for the purl stitches - because I like a firm band on the edge. Blocked it to see how it came out - and I like it. Only the buttonhold band left, and weaving of ends!

3/3/2016 completed! Did the tulips better buttonhole by TECH Knitter for the buttonhole band - looks great! http://techknitting.blogspot.com/2012/03/horizontal-butto...

viewed 118 times | helped 1 person
Finished
December 30 2015
March 3 2016
 
About this pattern
revknits' star rating
revknits' difficulty rating
351 projects, in 1329 queues
About this yarn
by Brooklyn Tweed
Worsted
100% Targhee-Columbia
140 yards / 50 grams
revknits' star rating

14353 projects

stashed 9308 times

  • Originally queued: December 21, 2015
  • Project created: December 31, 2015
  • Finished: March 4, 2016
  • Updated: March 6, 2016
  • Progress updates: 8 updates