I used a heavier weight yarn than the pattern called for, but stuck with the same needles. Mostly this worked out, but the smocking stitch was pretty challenging as a result. I suspect I would have enjoyed knitting this more if I’d had the right kind of yarn. But I do love Sky and like the way the dress turned out. White cotton does show up ALL of my tension irregularities etc. though.
I knit the skirt of the dress in the round, which was fine except all I had was DPNs and there were too many stitches for DPNs, so there were dropped stitches everywhere! Won’t be doing that again!
I didn’t get the chance to block it as I had to finish it a day earlier than expected (to get it to the mom in time for the baby shower). Too bad, I think it probably needs the blocking.
Made coordinating booties.
Very cute pattern.