I started out knitting the size 2 because I wanted to get a 25” chest. My gauge was spot-on for the stockinette section. When I got to the bodice, I did in fact end up with a 25” chest…but that didn’t account for overlapping the front edges to button it. With the overlap, the size ended up being smaller than what I wanted, so I reknit it in a size 4. I added a couple of inches of extra height to the hood.
The buttons are not what I would have chosen for myself, but then again, it’s not my sweater :-) My daughter wanted “pink, sparkly buttons,” so that’s what she got!
The yarn is very pretty, soft, comfortable, and economical, but I had one skein that had several sections in which one of the plies was frayed.