soknitpicky > notebook > projects > Snow Valley

Project info
Snow Valley
Snow Valley by Dagmara
Knitting
Needle and yarn
Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk
730 yards, 250 grams 5 skeins = 730.0 yards (667.5m)
131
Green
Notes

The design is really lovely! Some of the wording is a bit awkward, such as the bindoff directions for the armholes and sleeves, and I would have liked to have more detailed measurements in the schematics.

There are currently a couple of mistakes (as of 2/13/11). On the neckline, the right-sided increases are missing. You should do a M1R after knitting the center section. For the sleeves, you’ll end up with a different stitch count at the end than what the pattern says. You end up decreasing by 66 stitches, not just 60 (it is possible I may have misinterpreted the bindoff directions, though).

I did the sleeves a bit differently than directed because I wanted the sleeve cuff to be a little looser (I don’t like anything binding on my upper arm). I cast on 70sts. When it came time to increase, I k16, yo, k2 20 times, k14. This resulted in 90sts. I decreased a total of 62sts over the course of the sleeve, following the decrease directions with just slight modifications, and ending with 28sts. For the last row, I did k3tog 8 times, k4tog, binding off as I went along. This helped gather the sleeve top evenly in preparation for sewing it in.

Beyond that, my mods were minimal. I had to adjust a bit because my row gauge was off. I chose to knit in the round for the sleeves and for the body, up to the armholes. Finally, I did the short rows using a more traditional wrap-and-turn, rather than as directed.

viewed 864 times | helped 14 people
Finished
January 5 2011
March 11 2011
 
About this pattern
Snow Valley
by Dagmara
from Włóczkomania
soknitpicky's star rating
soknitpicky's difficulty rating
4 projects, in 131 queues
About this yarn
Alpaca Silk
by Blue Sky Alpacas
Sport / 5 ply
50% Silk, 50% Alpaca
146 yards / 50 grams
soknitpicky's star rating
7440 projects, stashed 7047 times
  • Originally queued: November 4, 2009
  • Project created: January 12, 2011
  • Finished: March 20, 2011
  • Updated: March 21, 2011