somebunnyslove's projects
Silken Core

somebunnyslove > notebook > projects > Silken Core

Finished
January 24 2016
March 19 2016
Project info
Silken Core
Corset Tank Top by Annie Modesitt
Knitting
Me
modeknit on ravelry
39
Needles & yarn
US 4 - 3.5 mm
US 6 - 4.0 mm
22 stitches and 24 rows = 4 inches
in ribbing - knit on US 6/4 mm needles
ModeKnit Yarn ModeLuxe DK
125 yards in stash
2.46 skeins = 570.7 yards (521.9 meters), 246 grams
Notes

BROOM proposed

Finished Mission Summary

Overall steps taken:

  • Knowing the yarn’s content, I knitted this top with a little ease added for future fitting comfort rather than fit by using the recommended 4mm needle size. I met gauge with 3.5mm needles after washing my swatch.
  • I added size 2 beads in the collar’s lace edge. I’m on the fence if they detract or add to the top.
  • Because of my out of shape arms, I increased each armhole by 6 stitches, and I’m so happy I did!
  • Being anal retentive has its quirks. In this case I reversed the charts of the front panels so they would mirror each other.
  • After reading the icord use in the other projects, I decided to bind off with a 3-stitch one. For the next top, I’ll probably continue the icord from the bottom, then add it to the front button band.
  • I am glad I knitted this top flat, aka not in the round. The resulting bias would have driven me nuts if I did. I basted the fronts together on the private side, then added the crocheted buttons to anchor the fronts together.
  • The crocheted buttons were not made as completely stated in the directions because they are decorative. I’m also debating on adding some beads in the center of each button later in the future. For now I really like them as is.

03-14-2016

Knitting finished and awaiting steam blocking. Final weight of top is 240g, but buttons have not been added and I had subtracted 8 grams for the beads.
After seeing how the top looks on me, I am opting out of the sleeves.

03-19-2016

Decided to seam the fronts together and also on making the crocheted buttons after trying to find 22 matching ones without ordering was futile. If I have enough yarn leftover, I will add the cap sleeves at 20g each.

03-20-2016

The concept of the top’s design is brilliant. The pattern includes both charted and written instructions for the lace and twisted stitches. Since my copy was purchased before Ravelry, I did not have the I-cord cast on and bind off listed. After seeing how the corset looks with the bind off, I decided to use it. My husband and I also agree sleeves are not needed for this top.

viewed 166 times
Finished
January 24 2016
March 19 2016
 
About this pattern
somebunnyslove's star rating
somebunnyslove's difficulty rating
396 projects, in 2023 queues
About this yarn
by ModeKnit Yarn
DK
50% Bombyx, 50% Merino
232 yards / 100 grams
somebunnyslove's star rating

10 projects

stashed 30 times

  • Originally queued: April 19, 2009
  • Project created: January 18, 2016
  • Finished: March 20, 2016
  • Updated: May 6, 2016
  • Progress updates: 2 updates