My plan is to follow the similar steps used in my last shawl. The only difference is using the variegated yarn for the garter tab and not using a provisional cast on.
First sections done. I love how not using the provisional cast on is not detectable. But I’m not thrilled with the blots of olive green appearing in the colorway. I might frog this shawl to find a more neutral yarn.
Decided to use Schachenmayr Tahiti in the Marble colorway, and rewinding the balls so that the ivory/cream color is first. I then casted on and knitted 20 rows of Chart A with another 4 to go as of the taken photo. I am beading the Chart A sections and Bind off.
I finished the knitting part on Friday, the 13th. I really did not want to spend time having to flip each side of the shawl at the bindoff stage. Instead of using a needle for the bind off, I used a crochet hook and inserted a bead within the chain picot stitches.
Finally a day when SlytherBun is out with the Padres. Normally she is good about letting me work, but lately her “Terrible Threes” personality has been a handful.