sparklerawk > notebook > projects > A u t u m n . i n . L A [K n i t U.]

Project info
A u t u m n . i n . L A [K n i t U.]
Kerrera by Gudrun Johnston
Knitting
me
Between a 44.5" and 46.25"
Needles & yarn
US 8 - 5.0 mm
US 9 - 5.5 mm
1,800 yards = 9 skeins
madelinetosh Tosh Vintage
none left in stash
9 skeins = 1800.0 yards (1645.9 meters), 990 grams
Purple
Unwind in Burbank, California
July 28, 2010
Notes

10/30/11
Buttons and button loops are added! Fixed one of the pockets to make it look more symmetrical to the other. It’s blocking/drying now. So excited to wear it!

10/7/11
It just needs button loops and buttons and then it’s done!

09/27/11
So close! Just one pocket to seam up and it’s ready for a soak and block!

06/11/11
OMG! How is this not finished yet?! I only have one pocket and the double garter band left. C’mon me! Just get er done!

1/24/11
Finished the hood. It looks so cute, I love it!
All that’s left are the pockets and the double garter band around the inside. Then I add some buttons and button loops and tend to the finishing.

1/16/11
Sleeve #2 is ready!! I missed the winter season for finishing and wearing this, but I’m determined to finish and can always wear it this fall/winter.

11/13/10
Finished the shaping on the second sleeve and began the decreases. 180 rounds to go!

10/21/10
I have a sleeve! And it all still fits beautifully!!!

10/17/10
Starting the cuff of the first sleeve!

10/15/10
Still on the first sleeve. Chugging away. Need to make sure I don’t get off track with this.

10/06/10
I totally didn’t pay attention to how many rows I added to the front. I need to go back and count. But I ended up picking up exactly 23sts on the sleeve, worked through the short row shaping (which I absolutely LOVE!), now I’m knitting away on the sleeve.

09/30/10
Finally joined shoulder after a quick rip. But now it seems that the two front sections are a couple rows shorter than they should be (ended up picking up 20 sts on the sleeve instead of 23). So I think I may rip back and add a few more rows to both fronts.

09/23/10
Left Front section!

09/22/10
This is going pretty quickly! I finished the back and am on to the right front section. I’ll have to take some new photos of it at this point.

09/07/10
On to the back decreases now! The body wasn’t too mind numbing, although I’m not sure what to think about the increases I did. I feel like I only needed the on the front section… and I should have done hidden purl increase, instead of my very wrong and NON-hidden M1K increases.

08/22/10
I knit it on to a 60” cable so I could test the size and make sure it would fit correctly. And it does! Amazing!
Onward, to what will probably be an endless about of stockinette. :P

08/10/10
Notes for my brain
Decrease Section: 81 Rows TOTAL (14x4+25)
Dec Rows: 14, 28, 42, 56
WS: Odd Rows, RS: Even Rows

Tracking (mods “inc”)
10 . 14 . 20 . 28 . 30 . 40 . 42 . 50 . 56 . 60 . ”64” . 70 . “72” . 80 . 81*

08/08/10
Finished the rows of double garter and held stitches for pockets, moving along to some decreases now.
I feel like I should chart out the shape of this before I get to far and make sure there aren’t any adjustments I need to make.

07/31/10
Finally casted on! Did a cable cast on, it works well with the double garter.

07/29/10
The yarn has finally arrived! SO EXCITING!
I’m going to do a quick swatch, on the needles that I’m actually going to be using. And as long as everything is good I can start casting on 204 sts. Eep!

07/15/10
It’s decided! This will be knit with Madelinetosh Vintage in Victorian Gothic.

06/28/10
I need to decide on what yarn to use. I really like Madelinetosh Vintage, but no one seems to have enough skeins (of good colors) in stock!!

I’m swatching a few different yarns and am making myself really frustrated. The yarn I love is too expensive for this project and now everything pales in comparison. Sigh.
I’ll pick a yarn soon. Right now I’m going to focus on getting the Double Garter Stitch right (weird how it looks SO different with different yarns) and get a good, complete swatch.

viewed 481 times
Finished
June 28 2010
October 30 2011
 
About this pattern
sparklerawk's star rating
sparklerawk's difficulty rating
341 projects, in 1713 queues
About this yarn
by madelinetosh
Worsted
100% Merino
200 yards
sparklerawk's star rating

35293 projects

stashed 28203 times

  • Originally queued: June 24, 2010
  • Project created: June 30, 2010
  • Updated: October 30, 2011
  • Progress updates: 13 updates