My original plan was to make Roseling … until I noticed the strange neckline and couldn’t figure a way to make it work. So instead I’m using the Treeline pattern as a general guidance, adjusted it for my gauge (thinner yarn) and added 3 slipped stitch columns at the sides similar to Roseling (which has 5). Crossing my fingers this turns out well, the changes are way too many:
1) Cast on 160 stitches
2) Twisted rib for 2.5 inches (in white)
3) Knit one row in white and divided stitches as follows: 36 (right front) + 5 (slipped stitches) + 78 (back) + 5 (slipped stitches) + 36 (left front)
3) Started stripes and made 3 decreases at 4.5, 6, 7.5 and 9 inches (measuring from hem border)
4) Increases made at 10.5, 12, 13.5 and 15 inches
5) Knit until 17.5 inches length. Don’t cut the yarns when finished (so they can be used to continue with the yoke)
1) Cast on 44 stitches
2) Twisted rib for 2.5 inches
3) Increases at 7, 9, 11, 13, 14.5 and 16.5 inches (56 sts total)
4) Total sleeve length = 19 inches
5) At the end put the last 2 knitted sts and the next stitch on hold (3 sts total). Cut yarns, leaving long tails for grafting the underarms later.
JOIN SLEEVES TO BODY:
1) Make sure all parts end with the same color and that the body ends with both colors purled (so that both yarns are dangling on the right front)
2) Knit 37 stitches on the right front of the body (includes one slipped stitch at the end), put next 3 sts on hold, knit 53 sts of right sleeve, knit 78 sts of back (includes 2 slipped stitches), knit 53 sts of left sleeve, put next 3 sts on hold and knit 37 sts of left front (includes one slipped stitch).
3) Knit one row
4) Purl 2 rows following stripe pattern
5) Start raglan and neck decreases. I did decreases every second row as follows:
- (knit side, with white yarn): k1, ssk, * k till 2 sts before slipped stitch, ssk, knit slipped stitch, k2tog, repeat from * 3 times, k till 3 sts before end, k2tog, k1
- (purl side, with white yarn): p1, p2tog, * p till 2 sts before slipped stich, p2tog, purl slipped stitch, ssp, repeat from * 3 times, p till 3 sts before end, ssp, p1 I decreased until there were no more stitches at the neck. DON’T BIND-OFF, leave the live stitches to be used for the button band 6) Button band: starting with right side facing up, pick up and knit 2 stitches for every 3 rows until reaching the live stitches, knit the live stitches and pick up and knit stitches along the left side till the end. I used smaller needles for the button band (3.25 mm). 5 rows of twisted rib Make button holes on the next row (RS), using cast-on buttonhole 5 rows of twisted rib. Bind off.
01/07 - 11 inches done on the body … this is taking way longer than I anticipated :/
07/07 - Body finished, knit until 17.5 inches. Started first sleeve: cast on 44 sts, twisted rib for 2.5 inches
12/07 -First sleeve finished
14/07 -Cast on second sleeve
21/07 - Finished second sleeve. Joined body and sleeves and started raglan and neck decreases.
22/07 - Finished yoke
24/07 - Started button band
28/07 - Finished