I’ll make half-sleeves and lengthen the body, ending both (all three, I guess?) with a short 1x1 rib band (again taking cue from lilalu because she makes such beautiful mods!). It will be a light, loose, cool summer top.
I’m really getting into naming my tops after songs. It really captures the way I feel (or want to) in the clothing. This one feels like a Jens Lekman song. I can’t decide which one, though!
Got it! I popped the title right out of the lyrics of “Wrong Hands.”
This is going pretty fast for not having worked on it much. I’m hoping to finish it over Spring Break because I’ve got a million projects going and a million more I want to start. Okay, not a million. There’s really only one I HAVE to start so I can send it off to Holly before she graduates.
I’m having trouble getting the bottom to balloon the way I want it to. At first I decreased a bunch of stitches and did a 1x1 rib. It was okay, not what I was after. So, I separated the 228 sts into 12 sections of 19 and worked the sleeve decreases for those puckers. I’ll end with a long 2x2 rib and see how that goes. The puckers elsewhere are a bit more understated than I like, but I got the back ones to show up with some strategic neck shaping, so that’s good.
I had to do the end of the sleeve a few times to get it to work just the way I wanted it to, but I worked it out. I increased 16 stitches gradually, did the sleeve decreases twice, then k1 k2tog all the way around before I started the ribbed cuff. I suck at math, so I did some strategic increasing and decreasing thereafter to get my ribbing just right, then ribbed for an inch and bound off tightly (I love when I can do that!). It’s almost perfect. Good enough for me. :) Now let’s see if sleeve 2 comes out the same.
Gorgeous! I’m gonna wash it and wear it all the time. :)