urbanizer > notebook > projects > Duck Duck Goose

Project info
Duck Duck Goose
Knitting
Kathleen
Needles & yarn
US 7 - 4.5 mm
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica
1 skein = 138.0 yards (126.2 meters), 100 grams
Red
The Knitting Shoppe in Iowa City, Iowa
Notes

Test knit for ifandany. I skipped the rolled brim (minus one stockinette row I was too lazy to take out) in the interest both of making sure I have enough yarn and of getting to the way cool pattern sooner. I had a little trouble with the second pattern row because, in my head, I had to shift the first two stitches to the end of the previous row, thus moving the beginning of the round every four rows, but that is not the case. The first two stitches are worked in pattern as if they are in the previous row, but the marker is replaced so that they remain the first two stitches of the row, if that makes any sense. In short, the marker never moves. So far so good, but it’s the decreasing that was giving her the trouble, so I’ve got some work to do!

I’d forgotten this pattern makes my hands hurt, haha. I do love it, though. Studying for comps has slowed me down considerably, but hopefully I can pick it up again soon. The red tones in the Manos are coming out beautifully! I have to say I don’t care for Manos much, though. It’s rough and terribly uneven. I’m just a Malabrigo girl, I guess. :)

Knit to ~5.5 inches before I started decreasing. Ran out of yarn two rows from the end, but had some Malabrigo in Ravelry Red to finish it off. I have to block it, then I’ll photograph it. Looks great!

I blocked the ribbed band, so now it’s huge (which says a lot on my GIANT head!). :( It’s still cute, though, and I think my step-mom will be more inclined to wear it now that it is for sure hat-hair proof. :)

viewed 28 times
Finished
March 25 2011
April 8 2011
About this pattern
Personal pattern (not in Ravelry)
About this yarn
by Manos del Uruguay
Aran
100% Wool
138 yards / 100 grams
urbanizer's star rating

22073 projects

stashed 19108 times

  • Project created: March 27, 2011
  • Finished: April 8, 2011
  • Updated: May 7, 2011
  • Progress updates: 5 updates