I had queued Nesselrode by Norah Gaughan, but all the finished projects showed complaints of the too-large shoulders or the excess of ease. I had considered just altering it, then Brooklyn Tweed released a bunch of fall patterns. This basically looks like a fitted Nesselrode: the answer to my dilemma! Can’t wait to get going on it!
FINALLY casting on for this guy. I want to get it done for an HPHC November class….I have a little over a week…which I have off for Thanksgiving….I think I can do it!
Gauge is right on! I should be done with the decreases by tonight (same day I cast on)!
Finished the back, now I have to contemplate the front. I would like to try to convert it to a v-neck, per my aunt’s request. I don’t know how to do the ribbing on a v-neck, but I can figure that out. I’ll have to think on how to make the lace work first….
In some unknown place and time, I learned how to adapt lace patterns on the fly when decreasing through them. I have had no problem at all getting the v-neck to work. My only problem is that I’m not sure I like it. Actually, I have another problem: by my math, I should have 23 sts on each shoulder when I’m done decreasing my neck sts (I did the math so that I would decrease the same 35 sts as called for in the pattern, just at a different rate for the v-neck). I should have 18 by the pattern. That’s 10 sts (5 each side) extra. I’m not entirely sure how that happened or how I’m going to rectify it. On the fly, I suppose.
Strike that. I CANNOT COUNT. All’s well. :)
Didn’t like the v-neck, so ripped back to my lifeline (I’m so smart sometimes!) and redid it as written. Much better! Now to block and knit some sleeves.
I realize every picture is a different shade of blue. :) The first and third are most color-accurate. There will be better pictures when I have an aunt nearby to model it.