The instructions aren’t written very clearly. I’ve had to read through a few parts several times before I understood what I was supposed to do. It seems the pattern has been updated (and priced now), though, so maybe the new version is better. As soon as I get past the arms, I should be okay.
I should have started this ages ago. It’s going to be too warm to wear by the time I’m done with it. :)
This has been hibernating for a while. I’ve been in my office this week again (school starts Monday) and it’s certainly freezing, so I will need to pick this back up pronto!
Didn’t pick it up pronto, but I am picking it back up! It only needs sleeves, bands, and a collar. I had two extra stitches on the sleeves…this’ll be fun. o.O
Picked up 72 sts for the front bands. Did YO button holes on the 6th row in roughly the same places (reading row backwards, of course).
It needs more button holes. :/ I think the edited version has more, though. Mine gaps a lot. I won’t wear it buttoned up anyway, probably. If I change my mind, I can always add snaps. I did the collar buttonhole only because I happened to be in the exact spot it was supposed to go when I checked the pattern to see how long the collar was supposed to be. :) It didn’t grow nearly as much as I expected it too (seed stitch often does). Nor did it soften after a bath. It must have .01% alpaca in it. :P
This will be a super effective, super warm office sweater!