I’m going to knit it with 2” negative ease because it seems others say it’s a tiny bit big. It should block to the right size anyway. I’m also going to try to get it to fall where Veera’s does on her.
Mods: cabled cast-on, shaping to fit waist and hip sizes, shorter tunic length.
“Moooo”-n. Get it? Mooncalf? Moon? Cows moo? sigh It was worth a try.
My decreasing plan was successful, but now I’m not sure I like it that fitted. Go figure. If you do and you want to know when I did, PM me and I can try to explain what I did. It was basically a lot of math. I also knit to 8in beneath the pockets before the ribbing, but I think I want the extra 2” now. I might get them after a wash and blocking, so I’ll try that, but right now it looks like I may frog back up to the waist and knit it as written. That’s what happens when you distrust Veera, though. Veera’s always right! :) But first, I basically have to finish the whole sweater, sleeves, pockets and all and decide whether I like it. Then I will make the hard decisions.
I also used a US 1 for all the ribbing.
I finished the rest of the sweater, tried it on, love it! Except for the length, which I have decided I will fix. Maybe next month. Or August. We’ll see.
I wrote a story for it here.
I finished it on June 29th, then lengthened it and finished it again on December 23rd. I decreased a number of stitches before starting the lower ribbing so it would flip up. I did the bottom ribbing on 2s because I didn’t have 1s on me.