Soft Touch Ultra is our very popular, 3-ply fingering weight yarn. Spun from very fine Merino fibre, it is a nice combination of soft and smooth, but also strong so it wears well and resists pilling. The superwash fibre makes it very practical for socks, mittens and other garments that you wear regularly.
Hand-dyed in over 50 near-solid colours; this is the identical range of colours as our DKW 4-ply knitting yarn. Both fingering and DK yarns are wonderful for fair isle and other colourwork designs.
We also produce handpainted, multi-colour creations.
Ultra Fingering Yarn Specifications
- 50 g Skeins – Approximately 185 yds per skein
- 3-Ply Yarn
- 100% Merino Wool
- Superwash fibre - we recommend gentle machine wash in cold water; lay flat to dry
- Stocking Stitch Gauge – 28 Stitches = 10 cm/4 inches using 3 mm/US3 needles
- Ideal for fine scarves and shawls
- Its tight twist resists wear in socks – knitting in some nylon thread or using our wool/nylon Heather yarn in the high-wear areas (heels, toes) will increase wear even further
- Excellent for finely detailed vests, cardigans and sweaters