#05 Wrap Around Vest
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2010: “Patrick’s multidirectional vest, in Cascade Yarns’ ‘Fixation’ (which has a tiny bit of elastic mixed in), boasts a unique wraparound construction wherein the back shoulders fold around to the front. The fanned lower portion is sewn to the back bodice and then picked up along one side to work the left front.”
“Very close fitting vest in wrap around construction with fan shaped inset.”
- Sized for X-Small/Small, Medium, Large
- Bust (closed) 30½ (33, 35)”/77.5 (84, 89)cm
- Length (at center back) 21¾ (23½, 25¼)”/55 (59.5, 64)cm
- 6 (7, 8) 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 100yd/91m) of Cascade Yarns Fixation (cotton/elastic) in #2406 lavender
- Two size 7 (4.5mm) circular needles, 29”/74cm long OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- Three ¾-inch/20mm buttons
- Stitch markers
- 26 sts and 43 rows = 4”/10cm over ridge pat using size 7 (4.5mm) needles.
- TAKE TIME TO CHECK GAUGE
Note: Vest is constructed by first beginning at the center right front point. Then continued (after the armhole opening) around the lower back. The fan peplum is worked separately to the waist then sewn to the side edge and worked along with the back. Then, stitches are picked up along the free side edge of the fan to work the left front.
Photo on page 49; pattern begins on page 81.