#06 Medallion Jacket
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Winter 2008/09: “The centerpiece for Mari Lynn Patrick’s curvy shawl-collar cardi is set squarely between the shoulder blades: a crocheted back medallion from which stitches are picked up onto double-pointed needles and rayed outward in a knit rib. The lower sleeves and front are worked in a broken rib. It’s shown in ‘Magic+’ from Bergere de France.”
“Standard-fitting jacket with center back crochet medallion and a variety of patterns with double fabric shawl collar.”
- Bust (closed) 38”/96.5cm
- Length 23”/58.5cm
- Upper arm 12”/30.5cm
- 16 1¾oz/50g skeins (each approx 87yd/80m) of Bergere de France Magic+ (wool/acrylic) in #281.281 brique
- One pair size 8 (5mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Two size 8 (5mm) circular needles, each 24”/60cm long, and one 16”/40cm long
- One size 7 (4.5mm) circular needle, 24”/60cm long
- One set (5) dpn size 8 (5mm)
- Size J/10 (6mm) crochet hook
- Stitch markers
Additional Gauge: 20 sts and 24 rows = 4”/10cm over broken rib using size 8 (5mm) needles.
Pages: 58 & 85-86.