#07 Cable & Rib Vest
Pattern description from Vogue Knitting, Holiday 2007: “Slip across the Steppes and into something more comfortable, like this boxy sleeveless tunic by Teva Durham. This layering piece is surprisingly slinky thanks to waist ribbing that’s flanked by multicabled columns and anchored by set-in pockets. It’s worked in ‘Shale’ from Loop-d-Loop by Teva Durham/Tahki.Stacy Charles.”
“Oversized, loosely-knit vest with brioche rib and cable patterning, set-in pockets and split neck. Sized for Small/Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large and shown in size Large on page 68.”
- Small/Medium (Large, X-Large, XX-Large)
- Bust 45 (48, 51, 54½)”/114 (122, 129.5, 138.5)cm
- Length 26”/66cm
- 7 (8, 9, 10) 1¾oz.50g balls (each approx 73yd/66m) of Loop-d-Loop by Teva Durham/Tahki.Stacy Charls, Inc. Shale (mohair/acrylic/nylon/viscose) in #6 grey black
- One pair each sizes 10½ and 11 (6.5 and 8mm) needles or size to obtain guage
- Size 11 (8mm) circular needle 16”/40cm long
- Cable needle (cn) and stitch holders or spare needle
Additional Gauge: 17 sts and 22 rows = 6”/15cm over chart 3 using larger needles. Take time to check gauges.
Note: Do not include brioche rib yos in st count.