#25 Scallop Edge Kimono
Knit.1 Spring/Summer 2009 #25
design by Mari Lynn Patrick
SKU: K1SS09_25 (1801)
Pattern Description from Knit.1, Spring/Summer 2009: “Perfect over a silky chemise, Mari Lynn Patrick’s kimono-inspired robe with crocheted scallop-lace front bands has wide short sleeves for an easy fit. It’s worked in Classic Elite Yarns’ ‘Allegoro’ in an unusual wide rib, with elongated slipped stitches between purled panels giving definition. A chain-stitch tie is woven through the slipped stitches just below the bustline.”
- 10 (10) balls in #5619 Lupine Pink of Allegoro by Classic Elite Yarns, 1¾oz/50g balls, each approx 152yd/139m (organic cotton/linen)
- One pair size 5 (3.75mm) needles or size to get the gauge
- Size F-5 (3.75mm) crochet hook or size to get the gauge
Measurements (after washing):
- Sizes for Small/Medium (Large)
- Bust (wrapped) 36 (40)”/91.5 (101.5)cm
- Length 27”/68.5cm
- Upper arm 19”/48cm
Additional Gauge: One crochet scallop to 4”/10cm wide and 2½”/7.5cm deep, at the center point using size F-5 (3.75mm) crochet hook. Be sure to get the gauges.
Note: When using the stated yarn, it is recommended to wash the finished garment when completed for best results. The row gauge will be changed after washing to 35 rows to 4”/10cm sot that the finished measurements will reflect the “washed” gauge.