#26 Diagonal Rib Top
Similar to Artyarns leaflet P90, but with a variation on the stitch pattern and shaping.
Pattern Description from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2009: “Can’t decide between gold and silver? Grab Schreier’s ribbed pullover, which incorporates both hues in diagonal bands of alternating stockinette and reverse-stockinette stitching. The front and back, knit in Artyarns’ hand-dyed ‘Silk Pearl,’ are shaped with a combination of increases and short rows. The neck is trimmed with Artyarns’ matching ‘Beaded Pearl & Sequins.’”
“Classic-fitting short-sleeved top.”
- Sized for X-Small, Small, Medium
- Bust 30 (34, 38)”/76 (86.5, 96.5)cm
- Length 17 (18, 19)”/43 (45.5, 48)cm
- Upper arm 10 (11, 12)”/25.5 (28, 30.5cm)
- 4 (5, 6) 1.75oz/50g hanks (each approx 170yd/155m) of Artyarns Silk Pearl (silk) in #159 silver/sage (MC)
- 1 (1, 2) 1.75oz/50g hank (each approx 80yd/73m) of Artyarns Beaded Pearl & Sequins (silk with glass beads and sequins) in #159 silver/sage (CC)
- One pair size 6 (4mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Size 6 (4mm) circular needle, 16”/40cm long
- Size G/6 (4mm) crochet hook
- Stitch holder and stitch markers
- Front, back and sleeves are each made in one piece, beg in the center.
- Sleeves are made from the cap down.
- When inc 1 st on a k row, k in front and back of same st.
- When inc 1 st on a purl row, p in front and back of same st.
- When dec 1 st at the end of a k row, work k2tog.
- When dec