As of May 2011 this pattern has been revised for two sizes - to fit hands 6.25-7.25(7.5-8.25) ins in circumference.
In those transitional seasons of the year, don’t cover your hands with just any mitts. Treat yourself to some delicate, floral-inspired cables with this versatile pattern. The Azalea mitts are offered in two variations – one is a simple fingerless mitt which leaves your fingers and thumb free, and the second is worked with a full mitten top which can be flipped out of the way to reveal cropped fingers. Choose one version or the other, depending on how much chill you want to keep away!
Also available from the Sweet Sheep! Link here:
• The Sweet Sheep Tight Twist fingering weight 390 yds356 m per 4 oz113g skein, 1 skein (sample shown in ‘hey pinky!’)
• 1 skein will make 1 pair of mitts
• 2.75mm needles (in DPNs or 36-40” circular for Magic Loop, depending on preferred method of knitting in the round)
• 2.5mm needles
• Cable needle
• Waste yarn or stitch markers
• Tapestry needle
• One size comfortably fits hand circumference 6.5-7.5 ins around. To change size, increase or decrease needle size to make gauge more tight or loose.
• 32 sts and 48 rows over 4 inches, in stockinette stitch on 2.75mm needles (OR needle size required to obtain pattern gauge.)
• For best results, knit and wash a gauge swatch in the round before proceeding.
To execute this pattern, knitters will be required to:
• Work in the round
• Work knit and purl sts
• Work cables and bobbles
• Pick up sts (to work the thumb, and the mitten top and fingers if working the flip-top version)
• Follow a chart