Pattern description from One Skein: “A single ball of organically grown cotton yarn knits into an adorable and comfortable bolero jacket for the baby’s grand entrance. The back features and optional eyelet motif, that according to Eastern folklore, brings good luck and protection to the wearer, no matter his or her size.”
Finished Size: About 15” (38 cm) chest circumference, with fronts overlapped slightly. To fit a newborn, teddy bear, or doll.
- Worsted-weight (CYCA Medium #4) yarn.
- Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton (100% organic cotton, 150 yd 137 m/100 g): #81 sand.
- Body and sleeves: size 8 (5 mm).
- Edging: size 9 (5.5 mm): 24” (60 cm) circular (cir).
- Change needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: A few yards (meters) waste yarn for provisional cast-on; stitch markers (m); stitch holder; tapestry needle.