Pattern description from One Skein: “Few things are softer than a baby’s skin, but the angora-blend yarn in this hat comes close. The hat is worked in the round from the scallop edging that frames baby’s face to the gentle gathers at the top. Both sizes of hat can be made from the same skein of yarn, so you can knit one for now and one for baby to grow into.”
- About 13.75 (17)” (35 43 cm) circumference.
- To fit newborn (12-18 months).
- DK or light worsted-weight (Light #3) yarn.
- Classic Elite Lush (50% angora, 50% wool; 123 yd 112 m/50 g): #4460 autumn maroon (newborn) and #4433 wheat (12-18 months).
- One skein of this yarn will make both hats.
- Size 7 (4.5 mm): set of 4 or 5 double-pointed (dpn).
- Change needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Tapestry needle.
Note: Be careful not to drop any yarnovers (yo) that happen to fall at the beginning or end of a needle.