New to cables or looking for a classic cabled pullover? This sweater will have you working stitches out of order in no time, and it has lots of room for customization. Knit along with me on Season Three of The Sweater with Kathleen Dames, and we will create your new favorite sweater. Basic? Hardly!
Basic Cable is our sweater for Season Three of The Sweater with Kathleen Dames. Worked in the round from the bottom up, this sweater is a seamless raglan with a “basic” cable and lots of room for customization. The pattern is written in my usual seven sizes, and the cable is charted.
Over the course of our 12-week season, we will knit this pattern together. I’ve already knit Basic Cable in Malabrigo Rios, so I’ll be knitting a new pattern, Premium Cable (available at the end of this season), in Spirit Trail Fiberworks Zalti - yum! You can watch to the podcast on YouTube or listen on iTunes.
During Season Three you can get a free copy of Basic Cable by signing up for The Sweater newsletter. Subscribers will receive a coupon for a substantial discount when the season ends to save a copy in their Ravelry library.
What you’ll love about knitting Basic Cable:
- Knit along with me! I’ll take you through all the steps that go into knitting and finishing your beautiful sweater.
- Learn about different cabling techniques, including cabling without a cable needle, as well as other sweater knitting tips and tricks
- I’ll also share ideas on how to customize your Basic Cable
What you’ll love about wearing Basic Cable:
- Cables! What else is there to say? I love cables and hope you will, too
- Comfortable fit and worsted weight mean a sweater you’ll want to put on immediately
- Dress it up with a skirt and heels or down with jeans and boots -- this versatile sweater will take pride of place in your wardrobe
Finished bust circumference 28 (32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52) inches
Shown in size 40 with 2 inches positive ease
Malabrigo Rios (100% superwash merino wool), 210 yd/100 g skein, color: Reflecting Pool 4 (4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7) skeins; approx. 700 (800, 950, 1050, 1200, 1300, 1450) yds of worsted weight yarn
US6 (4.0 mm) needle: 16-inch and 29-inch circulars and set of double-pointed (dpn)
Cable needle (optional)
Stitch holders or waste yarn
21 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette
24 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in Basic Cable
working in the round
working stitches out of order
reading a chart
Technical Editing: Corrina Ferguson
For more information, visit: http://www.kathleendames.com/thesweater