Berry Baby Hat
This is a very popular hat as a newborn gift, but it will serve for longer as the deep rolled bottom means the hat will stay put when stretched over a larger head.
After over 7000 Ravelry projects completed since publishing this hat in January 2008, I’m revising the pattern August 2015 as follows.
1) The pattern is now available in the Ravelry pattern store so it’s easier to get and you don’t need to rely on the old PDF link from a hackable Wordpress blog.
2) There were some complaints from a few people that they couldn’t get the leaves to stand up and twist, so I’ve made that section clearer, and tested it with someone who had never made the hat before.
3) There’s now a chart for the leaf section including the color strand section and the decreases to form the twisted leaves. There are still written instructions as well, and I think they’re clearer, too.
4) General instructions for adapting for a toddler or child size are included.
5) I welcome translations (the previous pattern was translated into 5 languages) and a magic loop mod. If you’d like to share these, please message me and I’ll incorporate these into the pattern on another revise.