Bezold Hat and Cowl
This pattern makes us of a fairly easy technique to create a complex appearing Bezold Hat and Cowl set. By employing knit one below, you create a fabric that looks strikingly different as color dominance shifts throughout—see tutorial for more information.
- Finished Sizes Cowl: 22” circumference at lower edge, 20” circumference at upper edge, and 5½” tall; Hat: 18” circumference and 8” tall.
- Yarn Quince & Co. Osprey (100% American wool; 170 yd [155 m]/3½ oz 100 g): gingerbread (MC; brown) and chanterelle (CC; tan), 1 skein each (enough for both projects).
- Needles Size 10½ (6.5 mm): 16” circular (cir) needle and set of double-pointed (dpn). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Notions Marker (m); tapestry needle.
- Gauge 11 sts and 26 rnds = 4” in patt, unblocked.