Empire Ave. Cardigan
Until midnight July 31st, use coupon code HAPPYJULY (one coupon per user) to receive 20 % off your purchase of any individual pattern(s) available from my Ravelry store.
Every knitter’s wardrobe needs a variety of sweaters for different occasions, including lighter layers between spring and fall. This cardigan is a light lacy addition for those warmer seasons which still demand a bit of handknitted style! Featuring vertical panels of simple lace motifs on front and back and ¾-length sleeves, the Empire Ave. Cardigan is a comfortable and versatile sweater for all occasions.
The cardigan is worked seamlessly from the bottom up and featuring a raglan yoke, slight scoop neck, and picked-up button-band. The Empire Ave Cardigan will be a spring-to-fall wardrobe item for years to come. Choose your favourite colour of Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label cashmere sock, or your preferred fingering weight wool or wool/luxury fiber blend at 6 sts/inch.
Intended for up to 3” positive ease, or zero ease, depending on preference. Shown worn with less than 1” positive ease, on a 5’11” knitter. Shown in Tanis Fiber Arts ‘plum’ colour.
Be sure to consult sizing and schematic in case modification in width or length would best suit you.*
• Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label Cashmere sock 70% superwash merino/20% cashmere/10% nylon, 365m/400yds per 115g/4oz skein, 3(3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6) skeins, shown in ‘plum’
• 3.5mm/US 4 needles, 24” circular needle, OR in needle size required to obtain gauge
• 3.25mm/US 3 circular needle, 24” circular needle, OR needle one size smaller than that required to obtain gauge
• 3.25mm/ US 3 AND 3.5mm/US 4 needles, set of 4-5 DPNs or 32-40” circular for Magic Loop OR in needle size required to obtain gauge AND one size smaller (for working sleeves),
• stitch markers
• tapestry needle
• waste yarn or stitch holders
• 12 buttons, ½ inch/1 cm wide, or desired number of buttons for final sweater
• XS(S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X)
• Bust measures 32(35, 38, 41, 44, 47, 50, 53) ins around when worn buttoned.
• 24 sts/36 rows over 4 ins in stockinette stitch on 3.5mm/US 4 needles OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• Working flat and in the round
• Working knit, purl, and basic lace stitches including yarnovers and single decreases
• Working from a charted pattern