Charlie Bird, Raven or Crow
Charlie Bird is a cool cat, man! He’d look right at home in any jazz club on Bourbon Street, or any corn field in the country, for that matter!
Crochet Charlie with DK or sport weight yarn with a C (2.5 -2.75mm) hook. His eyes are made with size 10 crochet cotton, as is the dapper feather in his hat band. He’s about 6” tall without his jazzy fedora. The booklet contains instructions for making charlie, his fedora, and his natty bow tie. His legs and feet are wired with chenille stems, and his big ol’ feet enable him to stand up on his own.
The pattern booklet contains 14 pages of instructions and color photos.
Booklets are emailed directly from me to you in pdf format. You’ll need Adobe Reader, which is available at no charge from www.adobe.com.
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES NEEDED:
• Sport or DK weight yarn – Black (150 yds), dark yellow (50 yds), charcoal gray
• Size 10 crochet thread – white (5 yds), black (15 yds), yellow (5 yds), and red (30
• Size C (2.5 – 2.75) crochet hook
• Size 7 crochet hook (1.65mm)
• Two 12” (30.5cm) chenille stems (pipe cleaners)
• Large blunt tapestry needle
• Sewing needle large enough to accommodate size 10 thread
• Small sharp scissors
• Hemostat or tweezers to aid with stuffing small spaces