Color Block Pillow Cover
This Color Block Pillow Cover is a simple and fairly quick project that can be worked up in several evenings. You can choose your favorite colors to create a beautiful and simple pillow cover to change things up a bit.
- Yarn - Red Heart Super Saver, #4, worsted weight, 364 yds/skein. 2 skeins needed
- Hook - I/5.5mm hook
- 16” Pillow form
- 12” zipper
- Needle and thread for sewing zipper to pillow
- Stitch markers Needle for weaving in
16 ½” x 17”
12 dc sts = 4”; 8 dc rows = 4”
Foundation double crochet (Fdc) - ch2, yo, insert hook into 2nd ch from hook, pull yarn through, (3 loops on hook), yo, pull through 1 loop (you will have 3 loops on hook), yo, pull through 2 loops (2 remaining loops on hook), yo, and pull through the remaining 2 loops on hook. You have created your first Fdc. Tutorial here from Cre8tion Crochet.
Easy to Intermediate – The crocheting is simple but you should know how to sew a zipper onto a crocheted piece.
- Ch2 does not count as a stitch.
- When switching from CA to CB, or CB to CA, change colors before completing the last stitch in a row.
- Your Fdc row is your right side. Use a stitch marker to help you recognize the RS.
- Instructions on border and attaching sides included in pattern instructions.