The Cosmopolitan Cowl is a warm winter accessory that satisfies your quick and cozy knitting desires without sacrificing style or comfort. Using 2 skeins of your favourite colour of Cadena bulky, this cowl is the perfect accessory for chilly days out in the city.
Worked in the round from the top down, the Cosmopolitan cowl combines ribbing and a few basic cables for style and shape.
• Knit Picks Cadena 70% Peruvian highland wool/30% superfine alpaca, 110 yds per 100g skein, 2 skeins (shown in ‘cranberry’ #23783)
• 6.0mm/US 10 24-inch circular needle
• 7.0mm/US 10.75 24-inch circular needle
• cable needle
• tapestry needle
• stitch markers
• Measures 9” high
• When laid flat, measures 26” around at top (narrower end) and 30” around at bottom (wider end)
• Fit is intended as slightly loose, to be worn over the coat or slightly folded when underneath the coat. To modify sizing, change the number of sts by a multiple of 20 OR change needle size
• 3 sts and 4 rounds per inch on 7.0mm needles in k2, p3 ribbing, when relaxed
• 3 sts and 4 rounds per inch on 7.0mm needles in stockinette (for reference)
• Working in the round
• Working knit and purl stitches
• Working cables with a cable needle