A sister pattern to the Cosmopolitan Cowl, this hat is just right for the keeping you warm in the winter but still stylish and comfortable while out and about in the city. Using 1.5 skeins of your favourite colour of Cadena bulky, this hat is the perfect winter addition to your accessories basket.
The hat uses a slightly slouchy fit for a contemporary flair. Worked in the round from the bottom up, the Cosmopolitan hat combines ribbing and a few basic cables for visual interest and style.
Technical editing by Maureen Hannon, modeling by Anastasia P, photography by Glenna C.
Currently exclusive to Knit Picks through February 2013.
• Knit Picks Cadena 70% Peruvian highland wool/30% superfine alpaca, 110 yds per 100g skein, 2 skeins (shown in ‘cranberry’ #23783)
• 5.0mm/US 8 16-inch circular needle OR double-pointed needles (DPNs)
• 7.0mm/US 10.75 16-inch circular needle AND double-pointed needles, OR DPNs only
• cable needle
• tapestry needle
• stitch markers
• Brim measures 20” in circumference; 9 ins high or to desired length
• Amount of ‘slouch’ will vary given either the length of hat or head size of the wearer; for best results try on hat before beginning decrease rounds to judge desired length
• 3 sts and 4 rounds per inch on 7.0mm needles in k2, p3 ribbing, when relaxed
• 3 sts and 4 rounds per inch on 7.0mm needles in stockinette (for reference)
• Working in the round
• Working knit and purl stitches
• Working increases and decreases
• Working cables with a cable needle