Crocheted Pony Pattern
This is my pattern I use to make all of my ponies, whether they are characters from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, OCs, or ponysonas. It has everything you need to crochet your own pony, unicorn, pegasus, or alicorn, including patterns for hair and accessories!
- Pony body
- Unicorn horn
- Two types of wings (feather and bat)
- Three types of hair: loose, curled, or coiffed
- Two kinds of shoes
- Princess crown
- Workhorse yoke
- Cowboy hat
- Top hat
- Two capes--a suave cape and a tattered cape
Main techniques used:
- Magic ring
- hdc, hdc dec
- hdc through front/back loops
- F Hook
- Approximately 100 yards of worsted weight 100% acrylic yarn for the body, plus some scrap yarn for the mane and tail
- 2 black 18mm plastic safety eyes
- Polyester fiberfill for stuffing
- Tapestry needle for assembling the pony
- Optional: scrap felt for eye shadow, freckles, or other embellishments
Patterns for cutie marks are available separately as a free download.
Ponies made from this pattern may be sold, as long as you credit me with the pattern design.