Crocheted Sea Pony Pattern
Use this pattern to make your own sea ponies! (You remember sea ponies, don’t you?) Their shapes make them strangely comforting to hold and they make great gifts for kids or for bronies of any age.
Main techniques used:
- Magic ring
- hdc, hdc dec
- G Hook
- Approximately 200 yards of worsted weight 100% acrylic yarn for the body, plus some scrap yarn for the mane, back ridges, and fins
- 2 black 18mm plastic safety eyes
- Polyester fiberfill for stuffing
- Tapestry needle for assembling the pony
- Optional: scrap felt for eye shadow, freckles, or other embellishments
Patterns for cutie marks are available separately as a free download.
Sea ponies made from this pattern may be sold, as long as you credit me with the pattern design.