A great beginner sweater project, this cardigan uses worsted-weight yarn, has a top-down raglan construction and is completely seamless. The only finishing you’ll have to do is picking up stitches for the button bands. It is inspired by my toddler/child cardigan “Wonder Years”--I thought it would also make a cute woman’s cardigan too!
Shaped ¾-length sleeves and a slightly cropped length make this a great spring/summer garment—perfect to wear with a cami, tank, or light t-shirt underneath.
All measurements in this pattern are provided in both inches and cm.
Below are some more details about Crocus. If you have additional questions you’d like answered before purchasing the pattern please feel free to send me a message.
Sizes: XS (S, M, L, XL)
Finished Chest Size: 32 (36, 40, 44, 48)”/
Gauge: 4.5 sts & 6 rows = 1 in/2.5 cm in stockinette
• Suggested Yarn: Cascade 220 or any worsted weight yarn with correct gauge
• 3 (4, 4, 5, 5) skeins/660 (730, 820, 890, 980) yds of main color and 1 skein for contrasting color (for stripes), or you can use leftover yarn for stripes since you don’t need too much
• size US 8 24”/5 mm 61 cm & size US 8 16”/5 mm 40 cm circular needles (or size needle you need to get gauge)
• size US 7 24”/4.5 mm 61 cm circular needles & DPNs (or 1 size smaller than size needed to get gauge)
• 8 stitch markers
• 2 pieces of scrap yarn, around 20” in length
• Tapestry needle
• 4 buttons, ½”-¾” in diameter
Skills you will need for this pattern:
• Knitting & purling
• Casting on/binding off
• Casting on in the middle of your work (using knitted cast on method, described in the pattern)
• Increasing & decreasing (described in the pattern)
• Picking up stitches
• Making buttonholes using YO technique
• Using DPN’s (for cuff ribbing)