Daisy Baby Mary Jane Shoes
A perfect pattern for a last-minute adorable baby gift, as well as for using up some of that leftover yarn from other projects.
Written using American crochet terms.
Materials and Tools:
- Approximately 50 g of worsted weight yarn in 2 colors of choice
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm) or size needed to achieve gauge for shoes
- 2 shank buttons for daisy centers
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Plain needle and thread for sewing on buttons
- 3-4 stitch markers
- Optionally, lighter-weight yarn and smaller hook for smaller daisies
- XS (approx. age Preemie – 0 months): sole length 3” (8 cm), sole width 2” (5 cm)
- S (approx. age 0 – 3 months): sole length 3.5” (9 cm), sole width 2” (5 cm)
- M (approx. age 3 – 6 months): sole length 4” (10 cm), sole width 2.25” (6 cm)
- L (approx. age 6 – 12 months): sole length 4.5” (11 cm), sole width 2.25” (6 cm)
This pattern is relatively easy and it falls somewhere between “easy” and “intermediate” level as defined by http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/skill.html. I made it quite detailed, so if you are an adventurous beginner and are willing to take it slowly and learn as you go, you can give this pattern a try too. The daisies are very easy to make, so the project should not take you too long.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding this pattern.
The pattern is copyright protected and cannot be sold, transmitted, distributed or reproduced in any form or by any means.